DISCOVERY CUP FIELD MANAGERS SCHEDULE 2017
Discovery Cup Field Manager Instructions
The Field Manager is responsible for ensuring that the game is covered from start to finish.
Equipment Set Up
The fields will be set up for each field. Report any problem to tournament headquarters – Channel 1 on your radio.
Pre-Game – Headquarters - 30-45 minutes before 1st Game
If your game is the 1st game of the day, report to the Tournament Headquarters located on the East side of the Stadium, (above fields 8-10). The Field Manager will pick up the scorebook, identification apparel (pinnie) and radio. Please refer to the FIELD MANAGER SCHEDULE posted on the Discovery Cup website (discoverycup.com).
Please WEAR the pinnie during the game so we can identify you.
Each team should pick up their tournament game ball prior to their first game from the Tournament Headquarters tent. The HOME team will provide their official Discovery Cup game ball to referee for the match. If the game ball is lost or knocked out of play, the teams may use any ball as long as the referee has approved its use for the game.
Ensure that players and spectators take opposite sides of the field. Each team is permitted three (3) team officials on the players’ side of the field.
Use Channel 1 to report injuries (call for a trainer) or to communicate with Headquarters. DO NOT CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE, the athletic trainers are the first responders.
Have referees complete score sheet in its entirety (located in field scorebook) – list scores and all red/yellow cards. Referees and team coaches must sign score sheet where indicated.
Once the game report is signed, the field manager will bring the game report to the tournament HQ tent located on the East side of the stadium immediately upon conclusion of the match. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit by the responsible team.
Once the game report has been removed, give the scorebook, pinnie and radio to the NEXT Field Manager.
Be sure teams collect trash from field and site area and place in the proper receptacles.
Post Last-Game – Headquarters – 30 minutes after last game on field
After the last game at each field, return scorebook, pinnie and radio to the Tournament Headquarters tent. Field Managers are responsible to ensure that the radio for their field is returned…any lost radios will be charged to the individual field manager/team.
Provide assistance whenever possible. Refer to the Tournament Rules if necessary (in binder). Any weather issues will be determined by the SoccerPlex for resolution.
- No warming up in the goal area.
- Provide assistance whenever possible (maps and Rules are in the binder).
- Refer to the Tournament Rules if necessary (in binder).
- Any weather issues will determined by the tournament director for resolution.
- No warming up or playing on closed fields.
- Do not move or remove field equipment (goals, corner flags, benches, etc.).
- Gatorade will provide coolers of product and water at each field for players, coaches and officials, ONLY. Please monitor these coolers; when they appear low, call Headquarters on Channel #1 on your radio to report. Please do not wait until they are empty to notify Headquarters.
- THANK YOU!