Discovery Cup Field Manager Instructions
The Field Manager is responsible for ensuring that the game is covered from start to finish.
Equipment Set Up
The fields will be set up for each field. Report any problem to tournament headquarters – Channel 1 on your radio.
Pre-Game – Headquarters - 30-45 minutes before 1st Game
- Pick up this binder, a radio, and identification pinnie.
- Please wear the PINK pinnie so that you are identifiable at the field.
- Referees should be at your field 15 minutes prior to the game. If you are missing a referee, report it to the Referee Assignor on RADIO CHANNEL 1.
Please WEAR the pinnie during the game so we can identify you.
- Games must start on time.
- The HOME team will provide the referee with the official game ball .
- Every field will have two game balls provided..
- If the game ball gets lost, any ball can be substituted as long as the referee approves it.
- Players and spectators must take opposite sides of the field.
- Each team can have three (3) team officials on the players side of the field.
- On a small-sided grass field, no-one may stand in the middle of the full sided field
- IF THERE IS AN INJURY PLEASE CALL FOR AN ATHLETIC TRAINER ON RADIO CHANNEL 1.
- State the field number, nature of the injury and the jersey color to expedite response. DO NOT CALL AN AMBULANCE. The Athletic Trainer will evaluate the injury and call an ambulance if necessary.
Have the center referee and both coaches sign the WHITE score sheet .
Give the BLUE score sheet to the referee so he can scan the QR code and enter the score and cards.
If you are the last game of the day please return the materials (field book, radio, pinnie and game balls) to tournament headquarters at the top of the hill above field 8—next to the stadium.
**FIELD MANAGERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING ALL THE MATERIALS ARE RETURNED TO HQ. ANY LOST RADIOS WILL BE CHARGED TO THE INDIVIDUAL FIELD MANAGER /TEAM
Provide assistance whenever possible. Refer to the Tournament Rules if necessary (in binder). Any weather issues will be determined by the SoccerPlex for resolution.
PLEASE ENFORCE THE FOLLOWING:
-NO WARMING UP IN THE GOAL MOUTHS
-NO WARMING UP/PLAYING ON CLOSED FIELDS
-DO NOT MOVE/REMOVE FIELD EQUIPMENT
-ANY WEATHER ISSUES WILL BE ADDRESSED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR
-NO PETS : NO SMOKING ; NO ALCOHOL